Bullet Force Console Commands

Discussion in 'General' started by EXTINCT1ON, Oct 5, 2017.

1. EXTINCT1ON

EXTINCT1ON Goodbye, Bullet Force

Bullet Force Console Commands
    (EDIT: 7th Dec 2018) Note: The blacklist server had been removed in the July/August update. Players that have been blacklisted are now unable to play the game at all.

Moderator Commands:

Note: None of these commands are able to be used by the common player; they are moderator exclusive. This list is for entertainment purposes (or whatever twisted typography fetish you might have- maybe you can incorporate this into your lovemaking sessions, please don't send me pictures if you decide to do this).

• /ban (Player IGN) [reason]
    • /unban (Player IGN)
    • /kick (Player IGN)
    • /restart
    • /mute (Player IGN) [reason]
    • /unmute (Player IGN)
    • /tempban (Player IGN) {duration in hours} [reason]
    • /tempmute (Player IGN) {duration in hours} [reason]

IGN = In-Game userName; what you call yourself in Bullet Force.

Reason: Moderators CANNOT EVER BAN or give punishments WITHOUT A REASON to. If you have been muted or banned, then you have done something wrong. Occasionally, a rogue moderator or a mod having a bad day might deal you a punishment for simply outplaying them- if this is the case just mail us and we'll sort you out, no problem.

----

I will not go into too much depth as what each of these commands do, but I will write brief summaries of their typical use by moderators. Us moderators are able to view extensive multi-page guides on their use, but for simplicity's sake i'll cut the crap and spoon feed it to you in small, bitesize nuggets.
    (Also, you don't actually need to know the full reason, since y'all aren't moderators.)

Banning a player prohibits them from playing when on that account. Bans can be easily circumnavigated with a secondary account. Bans are not based on IP addresses. Banned players can be unbanned if there is a valid reason, such as if the punishment was dealt without evidence. Players can be banned for a myriad of reasons, with the most prominent reason being hacking or cheating. Glitching out of bounds or possessing an "offensive username" can also be punished with bans.

Before the July/August update, players were sent to a "blacklist server" which was separated from the public servers. Cheaters, hackers and some trolls are sent to this special server where they could only play amongst other offending players. These servers were unmoderated by staff and couldn't be accessed by the public.

Muting a player disables their ability to chat in-game. Muted players can still chat during the post-round screen due to a bug. This punishment is given when players have been rude, racist, sexist or anything else that could be considered "mutable" by the moderators. The requirements of a mute can be quite confusing, and ruling frequently shifts and changes on an unpredictable basis.

Kicking a player removes them from the match. They can freely rejoin anytime. Kicking does not leave a black mark against players and isn't logged. Players can only be kicked for being a disturbance to the in the chat or for glitching out of bounds. Mods aren't allowed to kick players if they are simply legitimately better. Moderators are allowed to kick anyone they like if they are in a private server.

Restarting a round resets the team scores and player kills and deaths back to zero. This is frequently done in competitive tournaments to establish a fresh start from scratch, especially if the players have been messing around at the start of the round.

Temporary mutes and bans expire after a set amount of time.

Player Command(s):

• /ts {number between 0.01 and 1.5}
    This is the only command that I know of that is available for every player in Bullet Force. The "/ts" command, which stands for "Time Scale" can only be used in private rooms where you are the Host.

Hosts are marked as having "[H]" on the scoreboard. The round's assigned host can randomly change without any apparent reason (bug).

Entering "1" after "/ts" sets the game's time scaling to the default speed. Raising it makes the game play faster. Setting the value below 1 makes the game play slower.

For example, typing in "/ts 0.5" will make the game play at half-speed.
    • Note: The upper limit is 1.5
    • Note: Due to a bug, players can't move if the time scale is set at or below 0.1.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Armaghan

Armaghan True Metal Maniac

I know /kick and /ban followed by the username and it does its respective task, but these commands can only be executed by mods and devs, and not by us players

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. EXTINCT1ON

If I ever encounter a cheater with the username of 'xXx_PrinceKalashnikovofMotherRussiatheThird420SWAG_xXx', could I just type in '/kick xx' for short instead of '/kick xXx_PrinceKalashnikovofMotherRussiatheThird420SWAG_xXx'? Or do I have to type out the whole username?

4. Armaghan

@goldmaster11

5. DanGibBro

DanGibBro Noise Marine

There should be a vote kick option

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. PepeLePierre420

PepeLePierre420 French Mod oui oui Staff Member

Other games have these, but since players usually use the game like a hankerchief, get it, play it, disinstall it. Plus, it'd be hard to make people keep it in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  7. xKuro

xKuro Active Member

Yes, you can kick a player by using a shorter version of their name however you need to make sure you aren't accidentally going to kick someone who has a similar name.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Armaghan

So does it mean players can kick players? So what is the condition? I mean do you still meed to be a host in order to kick or what?

9. KirbyZapYoYo

KirbyZapYoYo Administrator Staff Member

Only moderators and developers can kick players. If someone uses offensive language, a moderator has the right to kick players from the match. Likewise, people who violate rules of special matches (such as tournaments) can get kicked by moderators. So a moderator can kick players who are disruptive to the gameplay experience of others but are not cheating.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Armaghan

I saw lucas use the command in his livestream in forward assault and it displayed that face on the game. @goldmaster11 can us players use this command? A99986F6-3DA0-47B1-A41E-ED50663F6E11.jpeg 0D332152-9BDE-4BDD-81D6-D8ADE65B794E.jpeg

11. KirbyZapYoYo

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. _Borisa

_Borisa Clan USSR

Indeed

13. rajbarman

rajbarman beast in mode

14. bruh I don't even thing you can type that much for your username how about a vote kick

• Like Like x 1
  15. KirbyZapYoYo

You have to only type any 4 characters from the display name as it appears on the scoreboard.

16. EXTINCT1ON

Good luck if the cheater's name is IIlIlllIIIIlIlIIll

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. EXTINCT1ON

Since I am now a moderator with elevated privileges, I am going to add the rest of Bullet Force's console commands to this thread. The original, first post has also been updated with these new commands.

Note: None of these commands are able to be used by the common player; they are moderator exclusive. This list is for entertainment purposes (or whatever twisted typography fetish you might have- maybe you can incorporate this into your lovemaking sessions, please don't send me pictures if you decide to do this).

• /ban (Player IGN) [reason]
    • /unban (Player IGN)
    • /kick (Player IGN)
    • /restart
    • /mute (Player IGN) [reason]
    • /unmute (Player IGN)
    • /tempban (Player IGN) {duration in hours} [reason]
    • /tempmute (Player IGN) {duration in hours} [reason]

IGN = In-Game userName; what you call yourself in Bullet Force.

Reason: Moderators CANNOT EVER BAN or give punishments WITHOUT A REASON to. If you have been muted or banned, then you have done something wrong. Occasionally, a rogue moderator or a mod having a bad day might deal you a punishment for simply outplaying them- if this is the case just mail us and we'll sort you out, no problem.

----

I will not go into too much depth as what each of these commands do, but I will write brief summaries of their typical use by moderators. Us moderators are able to view extensive multi-page guides on their use, but for simplicity's sake i'll cut the crap and spoon feed it to you in small, bitesize nuggets.
    (Also, you don't actually need to know the full reason, since y'all aren't moderators.)

Banning a player sends them to the blacklist server forever. They can be unbanned if there is a valid reason. Cheaters, hackers and some trolls are sent to a special server where they can only play amongst other offending players. These servers are unmoderated by staff.

Muting a player disables their ability to chat in-game. This is normally done when they are rude, racist, sexist or anything similarly bad. The requirements of a mute is quite complex, and some things are allowed but others aren't. It's complicated being a moderator.

Kicking a player removes them from the match. They can freely rejoin anytime. Players can only be kicked for being a dick in the chat or for glitching out of bounds. Mods aren't allowed to kick players if they are simply legitimately better. Moderators are allowed to kick anyone they like if they are in a private server.

Restarting a round resets the team scores and player kills and deaths back to zero. This is frequently done in competitive tournaments to establish a fresh start from scratch, especially if the players have been messing around at the start of the round. Mods can also restart rounds if cheaters ruin the entire experience for everyone.

That's it. The original top post has been updated as well. If you have anymore questions regarding the in-game commands, just let me know.

18. KirbyZapYoYo

In older versions of Bullet Force, the in-game chat was compatible with HTML code, many of which can normally be found in the source code of many websites using the <cmd>Text</cmd> format. Players had a potentially endless amount of possibilities with the in-game chat if they knew enough of HTML code. Shortly after the game's release, smart Japanese players, who were suspected to have profound knowledge of coding, were able to utilize their coding knowledge to input complex HTML code into the game chat, creating a challenge by playing with a screen full of orange/blue clutter but also disrupting the game experience.

These are videos of HTML commands in action:

From 3:10 to the end, this video shows a complex HTML command with text typed into the chat. There may be other forms of complex commands, which most Western sources pertaining to Bullet Force do not have information on:

19. EXTINCT1ON

I genuinely feel that this feature should return for private lobbies. It would be fun to play around with the code in that sort of way, as long as it doesn't break the game.

You are very knowledgeable, thank you for your contribution to this thread.

20. 0891Jay

0891Jay New Member

I been muted by moderators idk what can I do