The gun sights of Bulletforce, and what it's like to look through them.

Discussion in 'General' started by FabulousMrToad, May 27, 2017.

1. FabulousMrToad

FabulousMrToad Inquisitor Bufo Bufo Staff Member

We get a lot of threads and questions here asking about which sight is best for which gun etc etc.. So I thought it would be good to have a thread with the actual views you get looking down each of the sights, as it might be useful to new players to get an idea of what they're like and what might be best for them before spending their hard earned credits!

All pics taken from more or less the same point in Urban for comparison purposes. :)

_20170527_094454.JPG _20170527_094327.JPG _20170527_094352.JPG _20170527_094244.JPG _20170527_094204.JPG

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. Armaghan

Armaghan True Metal Maniac

Why is your holo sight red from the bottom? That never happened to me.

3. FabulousMrToad

'Tis the blood of my enemies! Muhahaha!

<ahem>

:D

It's the camo from the gun I think. Don't know why it's just that one that does it though lol.

4. FabulousMrToad

Thought I may as well add this into the thread too.

The mini RDS for pistol secondaries.

_20170528_103442.JPG

Now, there's no choice for pistol sights other than this one, and it looks the same whichever gun it's on. So the question is not so much about what it's like, but more about whether you actually need it. Because 30,000 credits is a lot to spend on an accessory for a weapon you may rarely use.

All the pistols have good hipfire, and in my experience you're most likely to be using your pistol at extreme close range in a melee with another player having both emptied your primary weapons. At which point you rarely have time to actually look down the sights, making the mini RDS redundant.

If however you use a pistol more often, say you're sniping and want to defend yourself when you're moving into position, or you have a pistol like the Deagle that makes a good primary then it's definitely worth buying.

Obviously, as you progress through the game you'll eventually have the spare credits to buy all sights for all guns. But initially for new players, there are probably better things to spend your money on.

This is all just 'in my opinion' by the way. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FlacoSZN

FlacoSZN Member

Cobra is underrated

• Like Like x 3
  6. LeoValdez21

LeoValdez21 Active Member

why would anyone use Cobra? Coyote is the best, then comes ACOG, then the RDS. What's so special in Cobra??

• Like Like x 1
  7. Evilpanda792

Evilpanda792 Member

RDS and Coyote are my favorite

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. FabulousMrToad

When I bought my first sight for my first gun I had no info to go on. Didn't really know which one was which, or what they were like.

So I bought the Coyote. Solely based on the logical assumption that it was the most expensive, so therefore it must be the best.

Of course whether it is the best or not is completely down to personal preference. Different strokes for different folks and all that. But I liked it so much I've never bothered with any other ones since.

In fact, I had to buy most of those sights just to take the pictures. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. FlacoSZN

FlacoSZN Member

Just personal preference i guess

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vhinx

Vhinx Member

That pretty helpful

• Like Like x 1
  11. FabulousMrToad

I thought I'd take a quick moment to expand on the ACOG sight, as the picture in the first post isn't really representative of what it can do for you.

The ACOG is a telescopic sight that effectively sits halfway between the normal sights and the full on sniper scope. With its small reticule and thick surround it's not brilliant for targets close in, but with the extra magnification medium and long range accuracy is vastly improved. As you can see in the following pictures.

All shots taken down the long range side of Zen for comparison.

Firstly, a normal sight. In this case the Coyote.

_20170531_125620.JPG

Secondly, the ACOG.

_20170531_125707.JPG

And finally the sniper scope.

_20170531_125740.JPG

It's a great bit of kit the ACOG. Best paired with with weapons that have good accuracy and range, and also good hipfire for close in.

A quick word on the sniper scope too. Both of the sniper rifles come already equipped with this scope, so there's no need to buy it. And although the sniper scope isn't available for any other guns bar these two, you can fit any of the other sights to either of the sniper rifles.

12. FlacoSZN

FlacoSZN Member

Naturally M4A1,AK-12,Scar-H & Ak-47 really look good with acog

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. FabulousMrToad

The UMP is a pretty thing with one on.

_20170531_171500.JPG

But if you stick one on an M60..

index-1.jpg
    index-2.jpg

..you can't see where you're going. o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LeoValdez21

LeoValdez21 Active Member

The AK 47 is really the Hunter with the ACOG! :D:cool:
    Screenshot_2017-06-01-01-42-55-757_com.blayzegames.iosfps.png IMG_20170601_025724.jpg

15. FlacoSZN

FlacoSZN Member

16. FlacoSZN

FlacoSZN Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hah, got you! No Iron sights! :p

18. SimplyTashi

SimplyTashi Member

How does the hand look like and can you guys tell where you gotta shoot when ADS? It looks complicated.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FabulousMrToad

:D:p

I did consider it. If there's enough demand then... :D

20. FabulousMrToad

I dont have the 'hand', can anyone else do a few quick pictures? :)

As for where you have to shoot, the red bit at the centre of the sights is your aiming point. That's where the bullets will hit. Whether it's a dot, a V, a T or a circle, they all serve the same purpose. :)