Weapon Attribute Analysis

Discussion in 'General' started by EXTINCT1ON, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Cpt.Sweatpants

Cpt.Sweatpants New Member

hey great chart, very helpful!
    i don’t understand though, why some weapons with higher DPS, have longer TTK than other similar weapons.
    like the Rex and the .44, or the m16 and the famas.
    isn’t DPS calculated by multiplying Damage x rate of fire? and shouldn’t that reflect on the min. time to kill?

• Like Like x 1
  2. EXTINCT1ON

EXTINCT1ON Goodbye, Bullet Force

Damage per Second (DPS) is analysed by the amount of damage per shot multiplied by the amount of shots able to be fired in one second. But, there is a certain catch.

----
    Let me set a hypothetical example.

Here I have 1 revolver and 1 pistol. The pistol can shoot one bullet every 0.245 seconds whereas the revolver shoots once every 0.28 seconds. Each gun does 50 damage per shot.

Since the revolver shoots once every 0.28 seconds, it is only able to fire 3 bullets before 1 second has passed. (0.16 seconds remaining)

The pistol shoots once every 0.245 seconds and thus is able to shoot 4 bullets before a second has passed. (0.02 seconds remaining)

Comparing the two, the pistol can do 200 damage in one second where the revolver can only do 150 damage. This is how the guns are analysed.

----

Time to Kill (TTK) is the minimum amount of time required for a certain gun to kill a full-health opponent. Each column has a different circumstance (all body shots, one headshot and rest body shots, or TTK at different ranges).

TTK is a value reliant on the RPM and damage of a weapon for the quickest time (Quicker is better).

----

Very good question. Thank you for asking!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlazingInferno

BlazingInferno Active Member

Why do two weapons with the same rate of fire and two shot headshot kill have different ttk for headshots?

4. EXTINCT1ON

What two weapons are you referring to?

5. BlazingInferno

BlazingInferno Active Member

Ak-12 and ump. Mp5 and mg4

6. EXTINCT1ON

This is mainly because of the rate of fire differences between the two couples of weapons as well as the damage and range drop offs.

Let me set an example. Imagine you have two guns- one does 19 damage per shot and the other does 20. Both of these guns have the exact same rate of fire. The gun that does 19 damage per shot requires 6 bullets to kill whereas the other requires 5 bullets to kill. In Bullet Force some guns have very similar stats, but inevitably very small differences between pairs of weapons could mean either a kill or no kill.

Damage drop-off at range, recoil, weapon inaccuracies and hit registration all combine to statistically effect and shape the weapon.

I hope this answers your question.

7. Ivan212

Ivan212 Member

This is great, i like it!
    Could you also add "Shots to Kill" and "Damage per Bullet" to the chart?

Also, how is the "Final Score" work? some guns have 5 while some have 3

• Like Like x 1
  8. EXTINCT1ON

The "Final Score" is a very, very generalised number. Look at this number if you want to quickly know "What weapon is better"; do not rely strictly on this number, it is simply there for a glance-at summary of each weapon's potential. No gun is directly better than another, each has its own unique strengths and weaknesses that need to be taken into great consideration before purchasing it.

The higher the number, the better it is (generally). Stay away from guns that go into the negative, you'd be better off in some situations to just throw the damn thing at the enemy rather than shoot him with it.

9. Cpt.Sweatpants

Cpt.Sweatpants New Member

thanks for your in depth answer Extinction ( im not quoting so it doesn’t clogg the forum).
    i finally get how a weapon with higher DPS can take longer to kill.

• Like Like x 1
  10. EXTINCT1ON

I'm glad I helped you out. If there is anything else you need to ask, feel free to either ask over on the Bullet Force Tips & Tricks for Newbies thread or by inboxing me a private message.

11. SeanJ79

SeanJ79 Member

Wow, shocked Scorpio is at the top. I always hated that gun so I will have to give it another chance. Been playing with FAMAS lately and I am just mowing them down.

12. Zrtec1

Zrtec1 New Member

I feel it will be a lot better when they fix the hit detection. So I wouldn't be to invested into that gun until then.

13. SeanJ79

SeanJ79 Member

I played with it last night after the update. Yeah it's pretty sweet. Definitely better than it was when it first came out.

14. PepeLePierre420

PepeLePierre420 French Mod oui oui Staff Member

Ever since I bought the suppressor on the M1911 I’ve been playing with the Famas again. I have a suppressor on both now, so now I can properly flank!

15. Zrtec1

Zrtec1 New Member

Dude same here. I was rocking maps with that gun. The Dps is insane now that all the hits are registering.
    I just use the perk that makes me undetectable on the map with the vector. Since it has some crazy good dps at close and mid range and I don't have to sacrifice dps with putting a silencer on a gun.

16. KirbyZapYoYo

KirbyZapYoYo Administrator Staff Member

Tachibana Kanade will be updating the charts with the new AK-5C assault rifle. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 3
  17. KirbyZapYoYo

KirbyZapYoYo Administrator Staff Member

The update to the weapon attribute chart has been delayed to the next update. Tachibana Kanade has informed me that one of his friends, who assists him with the performance tests of the weapons, is on a business trip. We will most likely have the charts updated with the AK-5C and M82 after the M82 is added in the next major Bullet Force update.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. _Borisa

_Borisa Clan USSR

D:

19. Zrtec1

Zrtec1 New Member

So guessing the updated chart will be happening soon?

• Like Like x 2
  20. EXTINCT1ON

[​IMG]

Brand new chart that has just been updated. Largest, most complex chart to date. 2513x2417 resolution.

NOTES ON THE SNIPER RIFLES:

The CS-LR4 is able to secure a one-shot kill to the chest from within 15 meters. It takes two bullets to kill with a leg shot at any range. It is capable of killing in a single headshot at any range.

The M40A5 is able to secure a one-shot kill to the chest from within 100 meters. It takes two bullets to kill with a leg shot beyond 50 meters. It is capable of killing in a single headshot at any range.

The M200 is able to secure a one-shot kill to the chest from any range. It takes two bullets to kill with a leg shot beyond 100 meters. It is capable of killing in a single headshot at any range.

The BRT-HS1 is able to secure a one-shot kill to anywhere on the body at any range.

The original, first post on this thread has also been updated.

• Informative Informative x 1